Orologico Forum 3.0

Rebellion new RE-1 Chronograph

Airangel

• Spambuster
    • Mostra profilo
Rebellion new RE-1 Chronograph
« il: Agosto 23, 2011, 19:11:08 pm »
RE-1 CHRONOGRAPH

PRESS RELEASE: For 2011, watch-designer Eric Giroud has re-examined and re-worked the distinctive case he developed for Rebellion’s imposing RE-1 Chronograph. The RE-1 has undergone a revamp to emphasize its strength and power. The attention to detail has refined the look with deft and subtle changes, and yet one might even liken it to a rebirth.

A robust housing for the highly-tuned automatic movement, on a Concepto base, the RE-1 Chronograph’s chassis features Rebellion’s distinctive signature helical screw heads, with a large diameter crown that is both intrinsically masculine and easier to use. The new wedge-shaped chronograph pushers fall readily to hand: each pusher’s sloped surface follows the arc of a finger as it presses down, in turn creating an operational experience that provides a tactile sensation to match the aesthetic.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Case: modular construction
Case materials: available in red gold/stainless steel/black steel DLC/Titanium
Sapphire crystals: compound curves, beveled edges, anti-reflection coating on both sides, display back
Chronograph pushers: start/stop at 2 o’clock, return-to-zero at 4 o’clock
Dimensions: 46x56.7x19.6mm
Water resistance: 50m

Movement: RE-1 automatic winding
Movement size: 13¼ lines
Balance frequency: 28,800 A/h (4Hz)
Number of jewels: 27
Power reserve: 50 hours

Straps: Black rubber with double folding buckle
I'm not quite sure about this brand. I think what they are trying to achieve is admirable, but change merely for the sake of change isn't always the best solution.

A square wheel, for instance, would be a wild departure for wheel-makers, but it wouldn't be very practical. I like the overall design of these timepieces, but somehow, it looks like an agglomeration of several other watch brands in one.

To wit, the chrono-pushers and crown are reminiscent of a Richard Mille RM011. The small seconds hand reminds me of the Zenith El-Primero chronographs. The screws look way too much like MB&F's. I don't understand the centralized chronograph second hand. Can it really function efficiently with so much of a counterweight? What Rebellion has going for it is a fairly unique case design, but is that enough for the fickle and demanding watch-consuming public? I'm not so sure.

Why don't you weight in with your opinion? Am I way off base

Airangel

• Spambuster
    • Mostra profilo
Re:Rebellion new RE-1 Chronograph
« Risposta #1 il: Agosto 23, 2011, 19:11:24 pm »

Airangel

• Spambuster
    • Mostra profilo
Re:Rebellion new RE-1 Chronograph
« Risposta #2 il: Agosto 23, 2011, 19:11:49 pm »